Here is my new dish – chicken, mushroom and spinach pasta. It’s got loads of good healthy stuff – perfect for winter. Tastes very good as well (you’d guess, with all of those awesome ingredients you just can’t spoil it!).
Cooking time: ok, I haven’t really timed it, my bad. I guess, maybe around 1 hour 30 minutes.
Ingredients and calories:
Chicken breast: 657 gr (2 packs) x 138 kcal = 906.66 kcal
Mushrooms: 300 gr x 13 kcal = 39 kcal
Spinach: 200 gr x 24 kcal = 48 kcal
Chopped tomatoes: 400 gr x 23 kcal = 92 kcal
Sunflower oil: 1 table spoon = 124 kcal
Spices: black pepper, salt, coriander, paprika, garlic (4 heads) and some tomato puree.
Total calories: 1209.66 kcal/1557.15 gr = 77.7 kcal/100 gr
1. Chop the chicken. Stir fry with 1 table spoon of sunflower oil until no liquid appears anymore and chicken has browned.
2. Slice the mushrooms and add to chicken. Again, stir fry until there is no more liquid coming out of mushrooms and they reduced in size significantly.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree/paste. Mix. Add salt, pepper and coriander – about a pinch of each. Finally, add about a table spoon of paprika. If the sauce is too thick – go ahead and add some water.
4. Keep it cooking on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add the spinach. Cook for 5 more minutes (the spinach will also reduce in size significantly).
6. Chop garlic (go finer as opposed to what’s shown; i took the pic in mid-process of chopping).
7. Add garlic to the dish. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and DONE!
8. Enjoy! With pasta, with rice, anything will do.
(Shown with brown pasta)